Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Quick Link for Florida Center for Reading Research - Practical, Ready to Print Word Study and Comprehension Activities!

T/TAC of W&M
      I want to say "thank-you" to Mr. Bryan Cole for coming down to my room today to show me this fantastic website full of practical, ready to use resources to supplement your word study and comprehension activities in reading groups and classroom centers. It is from the Florida Center for Reading Research. Mr. Cole was so excited to share it with me after going to conference held by the Training and Technical Assistance Center (T/TAC) at the College of William and Mary! I actually clapped my hands with excitement, as I appreciate things which blend suggestions for best practices with practical and instant application! :) Here is the link to the FCRR's index page for student center activities:


      This link takes you to the "Student Center Activities" main page. From here, you can choose to explore your appropriate grade level span: K-1, 2-3, or 4-5. When you scroll down the page, you will see the five major components of reading: phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. There are many ready to go lessons and copy masters for a variety of lessons and activities for word study! Also, you will find numerous graphic organizers and ideas for general applications for various types of comprehension studies. I know that I'll be exploring it this weekend to find some ideas. I hope you check it out, too! It's another way to teach smarter! Thanks SO much Mr. Cole! If anyone else has additional resources or links that they would like to share, please post them. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment