Written and Illustrated by David Ezra Stein
Candlewick Press, 2010
- Caldecott Honor 2011
- Characters who like to read and write
- Writer's craft
- Infusion of traditional stories within a storyline (complimentary to fractured fairy tales)
- Effective use of dialogue
- Writing traits:
- You can check out the most recent Caldecott listing from the official site hosted by the Association for Library Service to Children.
- Be sure to check out the video from Candlewick about author David Ezra Stein. He explains his writing and creative process for the book. It's a great extension after sharing the story with students.